Sunday 26 August 2012

Paneer Butter Masala


 Recipe from Cooking And Me.

Long time No see. I know its been a Long time since I posted.I had exams and lots of other things.But I missed my dear blog snd wanted to post again. I am glad I had created this pic as a draft and put it here. Even thought I did not post, I had created a lot of dishes.I had taken pictures and put them in my external Hard Disk.But it crashed and I had to get a new one.So, all my pictures went.I was so glad to see that I hadn't lost atleast some of m pictures cause I had uploaded them. So, I made more dishes and decided to get posting.

So, Paneer Butter Masala is a delicious dish. I hated paneer cause it had a bland tast. So it was never a favourite dish of mine. But once I went to a Vegetarian Restaurant. Usually I order Parottas or Butter Naan along with chicken dish. But this being a vegetarian restaurant I couldn't order those. So, I decided to order Ghee roast.It was my vegetarian favourite. But I was there with m
y cousins. And both of my cousins told me that Paneer Butter Masala was a good dish. And i tried it. It was the most delicious dish. It made me realise that I should try out different dishes. I didn't try making it at home, but I still remembered the taste. Then we had a party in my home and we wanted to prepare a veg dish. I searched for many dishes and found this one.But we didn't prepare it cause we found that the Gobi Manchurian was easy. But I wanted to make this dish. Many days later I tried making it. It turned out really cool. Everyone including those who hated Paneer dishes liked it. The most important ingrredient is the Fresh cream. So, that's the story of How I found this dish. It can also be made with Soya , tofu and anything that does not have a taste of its own. So, get going and try out this cool dish.

Paneer Butter Masala Printable Recipe

What I Used:

Paneer/tofu - 1 block, approx. 2 cups of cubes
Onion - 1 medium-sized one, chopped fine
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Dhania powder/malli podi/Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Tomato paste- 1 tbsp (or 1 tomato, pureed)
Tomato sauce/ketchup - almost 1 tbsp
Kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves - 1 generous pinch
Milk - 1/2 cup
Cream - 1 cup
Oil - 3 tbsp
Salt - to taste

How I Made It:

1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the paneer/tofu cubes until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add 1 more tbsp oil and fry the onions until golden brown.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
4. Next, add the dhania, garam masala, chilli powder and some salt. Fry for 30 seconds.
5. To this, add the tomato paste/puree, tomato sauce and kasuri methi. Mix well and add the milk.
6. Lower fire and cook covered for 5 mins.
7. Open lid, add the fried paneer/tofu and the cream. Mix well and simmer for 3-4 mins.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves if you have any.
 



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great combination of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM. This looks so rich and delicious, a really wonderful dish. :)

    ReplyDelete